Confident that education paves the way to social equity and economic competitiveness, NCCEP advances college access through advocacy, training and research.
- We envision a world where all students have access to postsecondary education opening up worlds of opportunity.
- We envision community partnerships where business, private and public sectors collaborate to advance our nation’s investment in education.
- We envision a network where the best solutions to college access are known, shared and replicated.
- We envision a nation where educational investments drive individual, corporate and national competitiveness.
The following principles guide NCCEP’s efforts to expand the education opportunities of those students most often left behind.
- High-quality academic preparation is a must.
- All students who seek to earn a college degree should graduate from high school having the ability to succeed academically at the college or university of their choice.
- Reform is needed to improve education systems and academic outcomes for all of America’s youths.
- Build on success: Identify locally effective practices, programs, strategies, and models that can be adapted to local contexts.
- Partnerships improve the lives of students and empower local communities. Collaborate, cooperate, and coordinate with others doing similar work.
- Education must relate to workforce needs. It should do so in ways that honor individuals and their cultural backgrounds.
- The strength of democracy rests on the education of its citizens. Partnerships can serve as models for a more diverse and democratic society.