CAPACITY-BUILDING WORKSHOP FORMAT
The NCCEP/GEAR UP Capacity-Building Workshop (CBW) is a distinctly different learning opportunity from the NCCEP/GEAR UP Annual Conference. At the CBW, grantees roll up their sleeves for three-days of in-depth training and peer interaction focused on advancing college and career readiness for all students.
Each morning, our day will begin with a thought-provoking and energizing “Burst” keynote session that will underscore the day’s theme, which correspond to our three national strategies for substantially improving the GEAR UP program.
The morning workshops will be organized around professional learning in the key areas of:
Excel — ensuring a mindset of continual improvement and equipping GEAR UP professionals with the skills necessary to consistently improve their programs.
Prove — ensuring that GEAR UP programs and its staff have the appropriate infrastructure and capability to make informed decisions based on reliable information and, ultimately, to be able to demonstrate impact.
Mobilize — ensuring that our work locally and nationally finds a collective voice to secure the long term sustainability and growth of GEAR UP and to continually recruit more individuals and partners to the movement.
After lunch, there will be numerous seminars designed to enhance your skills across a wide array of programmatic topics. Each day will conclude with great opportunities for you to network with your team and colleagues from across the nation.
- Check back to this website for regular updates about the 2018 CBW program.
- For questions about the 2018 CBW in Las Vegas please contact NCCEP: Suzan Shimko, Director of Conferences (registration and hotel); Betty Paugh Ortiz, Vice President of Programs (sponsoring and exhibiting opportunities and program updates).
SPONSORSHIP AND EXHIBITING OPPORTUNITIES
For information on sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please access the prospectus here.
Official Workshop Hotel:
Caesars Palace Las Vegas, 3570 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109 is the site of the 2018 NCCEP/GEAR UP Capacity-Building Workshop. Please make your hotel reservations early – the meeting hotel has sold out in past years!
Booking Website and Call in Number:
To make your reservation online please visit Caesars Palace’s website.
To make your group reservation over the phone, call the Reservation Center at 866-227-5944. The group name is NCCEP GEAR UP Capacity-Building Workshop. Callers may also use the group code: SCCBW8. Room rates: $209 single/double occupancy.
Please note attendees may make reservations in the block at group rate until Sunday, January 14, 2018. After that time, the group rate will be offered based on hotel availability only.
Take advantage of cost savings through United Airlines!
United Airlines offers discounts 2% to 10% off published fares for travel to the CBW.
To compare fares, simply:
1. Visit United Airlines’ website and select “Reservations/Make a Flight Reservation” from the drop-down menu.
2. Complete the requested travel dates/time information per your preferences.
3. In the section labeled “(Optional) Do you have any promotional offers to redeem?” insert NCCEP’s Code: ZE27489416 in the Offer Code Box.
4. Scroll down and click on the SEARCH box.
5. Or, call your travel professional or United Meetings at 800-426- 1122 for reservations (refer to Z Code: ZE27 and Agreement Code: 489416).
AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICE
With AirportShuttles.com you can make reservations with local shuttle providers such as SuperShuttle, GO Airport Shuttle and more. You can book online for share ride vans and private vans plus private limousines, executive sedans and limos.