Make Your Plans Today to Attend the 2015 CBW in Philadelphia!
Mark your calendar! The 2015 NCCEP/GEAR UP Capacity-Building Workshop will take place February 8-11, 2015 at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The 2015 CBW will feature a variety of workshop tracks for GEAR UP directors, coordinators, evaluators, counselors, teachers, administrators, community partners and other stakeholders, and GEAR UP staff working as coaches, with parents, or in various other grant management roles.
The 2015 CBW workshop tracks will be as follows: The Directors' Network, GEAR UP 101, Parent Engagement, Evaluation Showcase, Grant Management, Advancing College Readiness, Strategies for First-Year Post-Secondary Success, The Coordinators' Catalyst Network, Helping Students Earn College Credit in High School, and Closing Gaps in STEM Learning and Careers. The CBW will also have five general sessions and several sessions of roundtable discussions.
Check back here for regular updates on the 2015 CBW! Registration will open the first week of November 2014.
Click here to access the 2015 CBW Preliminary Program Overview.
The NCCEP/GEAR UP CBW Workshop Experience
- Interact with and learn from top experts and experienced GEAR UP professionals in hands-on workshop tracks highlighting high-priority issues in the field, innovative programs, leading research, and practical tools and strategies.
- Engage in invaluable peer-to-peer learning and networking opportunities.
The NCCEP/GEAR UP Capacity-Building Workshop is a distinctly different learning opportunity from the NCCEP/GEAR UP Annual Conference. The CBW is where grantees roll up their sleeves and have extended conversations with their peers about how to advance the cause of college access.
The daily learning tracks are designed to provide information, practical tips, and tools that you and your GEAR UP team can incorporate into your current projects. Networking opportunities allow you to connect with GEAR UP professionals from other projects to share ways to strengthen your GEAR UP programming. Roundtables are offered as another venue to explore ideas with colleagues in a smaller, informal setting.Our colleagues at the U.S. Department of Education will also provide additional training for all current grantees.
Comments from GEAR UP Directors at the 2014 CBW...
- "Sharing with and learning from other Directors that serve similar populations as we do was very helpful. It was a great way to get to know my fellow directors and learn from their experiences."
- "Great discussion!"
- "Wow. Best Directors' Track ever!"
Comments from other 2014 CBW attendees...
- "Each speaker had valuable information to share throughout the presentations. The information was practical and applicable to my students."
- "The most memorable and valuable part of the CBW for me was sharing effective strategies that impact student outcomes for college access."
- "I thoroughly enjoyed the roundtable discussions!"
2014 CBW in Orlando, Florida
The National Council for Community and Education Partnerships (NCCEP) hosted the 2014 NCCEP/GEAR UP Capacity-Building Workshop in Orlando, Florida, February 2-5, 2014, at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. Almost 1,200 GEAR UP and other college access and success professionals attended the CBW 2014 representing every GEAR UP grant project nationwide.
Thank you to our 2014 Capacity-Building Workshop Sponsors!