Make Your Plans Today to Attend the 2016 Capacity-Building Workshop in New Orleans
The 2016 NCCEP/GEAR UP Capacity-Building Workshop (CBW) will take place January 31-February 3, 2016 at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Registration Now Open!
The CBW is a distinctly different learning opportunity from the NCCEP/GEAR UP Annual Conference. The CBW is where grantees roll up their sleeves and have extended conversations with experts in the field and their peers about how to advance the cause of college access and success: excel, prove, and mobilize.
- Interact and learn from top college and career readiness experts and experienced GEAR UP professionals in hands-on workshops and training sessions focused on high-priority issues in the field, innovative programs, leading research, practical tools, and effective strategies.
- Think differently and develop new insights and skills by learning from thought-provoking plenary speakers and workshop presenters.
- Engage in invaluable peer-to-peer learning and networking opportunities.
(Please note that the CBW does not have a call for proposals.)
- Check back to this website for regular updates about the 2016 CBW program.
- For questions about the 2016 CBW in New Orleans please contact NCCEP: Suzan Shimko, Director of Conferences (registration and hotel); Betty Paugh Ortiz, Vice President of Programs (sponsoring and exhibiting opportunities and program updates).
- For information on sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please access the brochure here.
2016 CBW Sponsors
Thank you to our 2016 CBW sponsors!
- ACT, Inc.
- All Aboard Tours and Travel
- The College Board
- Conference Direct
- Quantum Learning Network
- Signal Vine
- Texas Instruments
Thank you for your generous support of the 2016 NCCEP/GEAR UP Capacity-Building Workshops!
The Hilton New Orleans Riverside is located at #2 Poydras Street, in New Orleans. It is situated steps from the famous New Orleans Streetcar lines, walking distance to the French Quarter, and on the banks of the Mississippi River. Discover the city’s culture in the New Orleans Museum of Art, Louisiana State Museum, and World War II Museum.
Please make your reservations early – the meeting hotel has sold out in past years! Click here to access the hotel booking site.
Attendees may also call 504-584-3959 to make hotel reservations by phone. Please make sure to provide the meeting title (2016 GEAR UP Capacity-Building Workshop) and dates of the CBW (January 31 – February 3, 2016) to be quoted the group rate. Room rates: $229 single/double occupancy.
Take advantage of cost savings through United Airlines: United Airlines offers discounts of 2% to 10% off published fares for travel to the CBW. Choose your flight times and access your meeting discounts at www.united.com (click on All Search Options, Promotions and Certificates and insert Offer Code ZVP5271572). Or, call your travel professional or United Meetings at 800-426-1122 for reservations (refer to Z Code ZVP5 and Agreement Code: 271572).
See you in New Orleans!