Make Your Plans Today to Attend the 2017 Capacity-Building Workshop in New York
The 2017 NCCEP/GEAR UP Capacity-Building Workshop (CBW) will take place February 5-8, 2017 at the Hilton New York in New York City.
Official Workshop Hotel:
Hilton New York, 1335 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY is the site of the 2017 NCCEP/GEAR UP Capacity-Building Workshop. The Hilton New York is within walking distance of a multitude of famous attractions, including Central Park, Radio City Music Hall, MOMA, and Broadway.
Please make your Workshop reservations early – the meeting hotel has sold out in past years!
To make your reservation online please visit Hilton’s website.
To make a reservation over the phone, 1-800-HILTONS with the group code: GEARUP
Room rates: $259 single/$269 double occupancy
NCCEP has registered the 2017 NCCEP/GEAR UP Capacity-Building Workshop with United Airlines Meetings to bring you discounts of 2% to 10% off published airfares.
1. Visit United Airlines' website and select Reservations/Make a Flight Reservation from the drop down menu.
2. Complete the requested travel dates/time information per your preferences.
3. In the section labeled “(Optional) Do you have any promotional offers to redeem?” insert NCCEP’s code: ZXHS521003 in the Offer Code Box.
4. Scroll down and click on the SEARCH box.
5. Compare the airfares offered through United Meetings to the prices offered by other airlines and discounters. Or, call your travel professional or United Meetings at 800-426-1122 for reservations. Refer to Z Code ZXHS and Agreement Code: 521003.
AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICE
With AirportShuttles.com you can make reservations with local shuttle providers such as SuperShuttle, GO! Airport Shuttle and more. You can book online for share ride vans and private vans plus private limousines, executive sedans and limos.
SPONSORSHIP AND EXHIBITING OPPORTUNITIES
For information on sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please access the prospectus here.
CAPACITY-BUILDING WORKSHOP FORMAT
The CBW is a distinctly different learning opportunity from the NCCEP/GEAR UP Annual Conference. Over the past year we have been diligently making improvements to the training framework, working with GEAR UP leaders to select topics, sessions, and experts who will help you reflect and sharpen your individual skills that collectively make you the leading college access and readiness professionals in the country.
Each morning, our day will begin with a thought-provoking and energizing “Burst” keynote session that will underscore the day’s theme, which correspond to our three national strategies for substantially improving the GEAR UP program.
The morning workshops will be organized around professional learning in the key areas of:
Excel — ensuring a mindset of continual improvement and equipping GEAR UP professionals with the skills necessary to consistently improve their programs.
Prove — ensuring that GEAR UP programs and its staff have the appropriate infrastructure and capability to make informed decisions based on reliable information and, ultimately, to be able to demonstrate impact.
Mobilize — ensuring that our work locally and nationally finds a collective voice to secure the long term sustainability and growth of GEAR UP and to continually recruit more individuals and partners to the movement.
After lunch, there will be numerous seminars designed to enhance your skills across a wide array of programmatic topics. Each day will conclude with great opportunities for you to network with your team and colleagues from across the nation.
(Please note that the CBW does not have a call for proposals.)
• Check back to this website for regular updates about the 2017 CBW program.
• For questions about the 2017 CBW in New York please contact NCCEP: Suzan Shimko, Director of Conferences (registration and hotel); Betty Paugh Ortiz, Vice President of Programs (sponsoring and exhibiting opportunities and program updates).
See you in New York!